October 12 – November 16
Let’s Restore Hope and Dignity
Did you know that Colorado’s homeless communities aren’t just lacking a roof over their head? Unsheltered individuals live without the means to acquire the necessary human comforts of warmth, health, safety, and cleanliness.
This year, the need is higher than ever before and it’s even harder to secure resources for Colorado’s homeless population. That is why HomeAid Colorado is asking you to Share the Warmth in 2020 by donating socks, hats, and gloves to our neighbors at risk or already experiencing homelessness. Together, we can take action to help restore dignity and hope to those in our community who need it the most.
Your Generosity is Appreciated
There are real people on the streets without access to critical supplies that are durable and warm enough to stand up to the elements, especially on Colorado’s coldest nights. For that reason, we are asking that donations be new or lightly used* durable winter gear – preferably wind-resistant and waterproof gloves, mittens, and hats. Of course, all donations of new/gently used gloves/hats/socks are welcome and will be put to use by those who need these supplies during this critical time.
• In the metro area, over 6,100 homeless men, women, and children are facing another winter without permanent housing.
• Children are unable to regulate their body temperatures as adults do. They can quickly develop hypothermia without protection from the cold.
• Exposure to cold predisposes people, especially children, to infections like pneumonia, putting people at a higher risk of complications from illnesses such as COVID-19.
Three Simple Ways to Help
1.) Host a Drive
2.) Individual: Drop-off Winter Gear Donations
3.) Purchase items directly from our Amazon Wish List
– Click “Add to Cart”
– Click “Proceed to Checkout”
– Under “Other addresses” select “HomeAid Colorado”