Builder Captains manage the construction of the facility and assist in securing trade partners to provide in-kind labor, materials and services.
The Builder Captain is the centerpiece of the HomeAid program. Builder Captains coordinate construction of our projects and give their business partners the opportunity to participate in a very visible and tangible benefit to our community – building a legacy for the future. In addition to coordinating the construction, the Builder Captain makes best efforts to obtain donated labor, materials and consulting services from its trade partners, industry subcontractors, and suppliers to complete the project.
Builder Captain Responsibilities:
- Provide budget for project based upon agreed scope of work
- Help secure trade partner donations for project
- Secure appropriate permits
- Provide project manager to oversee construction on a day to day basis
- Maintain record of subcontractors including names, contact info, construction costs and in-kind donation values
- Participate in project meetings between HomeAid Colorado, the builder and the care provider on a needed process
HomeAid Colorado thoroughly screens all prospective care providers to ensure that the necessary land, funds to cover non-donated costs and program services and organizational stability are in place to ensure a successful project with long term impact. There is no required or expected financial requirement on the part of the builder captain for the construction, events or insurance coverage.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Builder Captain or supporting our homeless housing development program in another way, please submit your information in the space below.