HomeAid Colorado brings together construction-industry professionals and affiliates to complete construction projects and provide critical resources to non-profit care providers who assist those in our community at a high risk of homelessness.
As the charity of choice for the Colorado Association of Home Builders, HomeAid matches licensed, construction industry professionals with non-profit care providers who assist those at high risk of homelessness, to complete construction projects that fit their scope and size of work.
This partnership allows non-profit care providers to focus their energy and resources on providing direct services to those experiencing homelessness while builders provide construction-related technical assistance, labor, and donated materials to complete construction projects at a fraction of the cost.
Once residents stabilize and move on to self-sufficiency, the home in which they were living becomes available for the next person or family that needs help.
The HomeAid model is the gift that keeps on giving.
How It Works
- Care providers submit application to HomeAid
- HomeAid leverages relationships within the construction industry to establish a “Builder Captain” for the project
- The Project Development Committee works to secure suppliers and a workforce for the project
- The project and budget are approved
- Plans, vendors and permitting are established
- The “Builder Captain” oversees the construction process start-to-finish
- When complete, the facility is owned and operated by the care provider
Mountain States Children’s Home
BeyondHome (formerly Colorado Homeless Families)
Durango Community Shelter
Hope House Resource Center
Discovery Home Kitchen Remodel
16th St Transitional Housing-Phase I
Girls Hope 2016
Discovery Home Basement
The Crossing @ Glencoe
Volunteers of America Veterans III
Volunteers of America Veterans Project-Clermont Commons II
Volunteers of America Veterans Project I
Girls Hope 2009
Lowry Campus II
Safe Shelter of Saint Vrain Valley
Lowry Campus I
- Completed: 2007
- For: Third Way Center
- Builder Captain: John Laing Homes and Haven Builders
Village III │Extreme Makeover
- Completed: 2003
- For: BeyondHome
- Builder Captain: Village Homes